Nesting

I've always had an affinity for trees. And I've claimed the tree in the back of my apt. as mine. I'm on the second floor and just off the living room is a tiny "porch" with windows looking out onto a tree, streetlamp, bushes, and small walkway. Beyond that are highrises and a new building site. When it rains, a puddle forms just under the streetlamp which reflects the light and the raindrops falling in concentric and constant circles. That's when I listen to jazz and have a cup of tea and it feels like I'm in Brooklyn in the '30s. I do have an overactive imagination though... At the moment, while writing this, my roommate is practicing his guitar in the other room and the distant sounds of traffic drone on in a soothing, city lullaby. I believe I am content. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Betty Rides Again

Black Coffee

BLOG-O-RAMA!