Three Doughnuts to change.

I've been so lucky to travel before I met my family and we will travel again, but for now, I'm on a journey inward.  The backstory seems so huge and ponderous and I want to explain, but, to quote "The Princess Bride: 'There is no time, lemme sum up!'"

The last three years have been crazy stressful and I've sabotaged multiple jobs and gotten sick and been working through deep grief at not being able to have kids.  Last August my husband and I met two children who we've been fostering and hopefully next month we will be able to adopt them.  I will get in to that later, because the layers on that one are six onions deep.

My friend Rowan started working at a place called "PhD Weightloss" and even though I feel like I've been to this rodeo, I knew I needed to do something.  The moment I made the commitment was after leaving the kids' therapy appointment and my husband took the kids home; I drove past Krispy Kreme...

Eating three doughnuts in a row, and feeling the stress calm down and feeling like I could now cope really punched me in the gut (more than figuratively).  There is a lot to unpack with emotional eating, but finally seeing the exact correlation between sugar/flour and my stress was like a lightening call!  I went the next day and totally didn't want to start, because, you know, I'd have to actually do it.  I like the idea of transformation, but just wanted the montage.  Like a John Hughes movie, I want to change, but all I need are a few determined looks, a good shopping trip, cutaway clips of the gym, and a great soundtrack.  Then, roll credits, sunset- BAM.

New approach; love these people and really respect this program.  I'm not here to sell it or change anyone else, but to shine out hope for anyone who has been in that pit of despair.  :)

xo
KK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Betty Rides Again

Black Coffee

A Letter to the Prime Minister